Category: Post Conviction Relief

What is Post-Conviction Relief?

After one is convicted of a criminal offense, one can file an appeal to overturn the court’s finding. ¬†Separate from this appellate procedure, one can¬†file for a petition for post-conviction relief (PCR). Generally, there is a five-year time limit for filing a PCR following your conviction, but there are exceptions such as excusable neglect and […]

Read More